Please let me clarify that I know that tonight's incident is not unique to us. I have heard of other situations like this. But until it happens to you....well, you just have no idea.
After a long day of playing outside at Joe's company picnic and enjoying a fun time at church tonight, it was time for a bath. Nothing unusual about that until I noticed "the look." But I noticed it too late -- the tub already had some poopy in it. Oh no! (It also doesn't help that I am talking on the phone with my dad and trying to stay calm as to not totally freak Jairus out.) I call for Joe's assistance. I try sitting Jairus on the real toilet, but he doesn't like that. We tried his toilet, but he didn't want that. After wiping off the residue from those failures, we get a diaper on the boy. Bath time is done. No need to put PJ's on the munchkin because I'll have a diaper to change in a few minutes.
As Joe loaded up the dishwasher with bath toys, I finished my conversation and checked facebook. When I walked into the living room, I discovered the worst. For the first time ever, Jairus had taken off his diaper. Sitting on the floor with a FULL diaper in front of him, he had poop on his hands and feet and on the carpet. Oh boy! Again, I know others have experienced this but when it happens to you...man! I calmly began to clean up Jairus and explain that we don't take off our diapers and we don't play with poop because it is icky. (to which he cutely repeated icky). Joe found the carpet cleaning stuff. Now both boy and carpet are clean and everyone survived this toddler incident.

I'm so excited that you are blogging! It is a great way to include us that love you from far away in your active lives! Today's story brings back OLD memories... thanks for the chuckle!
ReplyDeleteLove, heap
Ha ha! I love it... That's funny because Andrew actually pooped in the bathtub today, too. He was playing in the bath and I was trying to multi-task by reading a magazine while watching him play. (Don't worry, I could see him the whole time...) Anyway, I saw him stand up and he said, "momma, poopy." At least he didn't play in it. Sorry to blog on your blog, but I do want you to know that I will be reading all of your Jairus stories... See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteOh, the age of discovery! I am excited that you are starting a blog. The link just came up on our computer today, wasn't there yesterday. hmmm! Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteLove to all.
Mom
Ah yes - such fun. One of my children made the other drink her pee. How about that one?!!?!?
ReplyDeleteHa ha!!! This is an awesome story - and now you have it documented so that someday you can make sure Jairus knows just how much mommy and daddy love him :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to motherhood! This is just the first of many fun and interesting and icky stories you will be posting! I was very happy to see a regular (clean) picture of Jairus at the end of the blog. I got a little nervous as I scrolled down thinking I was going to see a photo of the incident! See you at Camp Thurman...more blog fodder!
ReplyDeletehi -- good job! I'm glad that we can "hear" more from you. THANKS for starting a blog! Love you, Aunt Marie
ReplyDeleteFunny story...definitely not ready for any like that! :) Glad you're blogging now - I enjoy hearing what's going on. It sure makes it seem like we're not so far away
ReplyDeleteYeah for blogging!!!! I'm laughing over your incident!!! I can so see it happening...we've come close in our house to that, too!!!
ReplyDelete