Saturday, January 10, 2009

Family Band

It all started with these: a VeggieTales pail, Chinese chop sticks and the drumming book.


Jairus has had an interest in drumming now for several months. Really,what little kid doesn't like to beat on things? Reading and practically memorizing the book, Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb has only added to his fascination.


One night when Joe got out his guitar to play a few songs, Jairus showed his usual interest in playing with daddy.

But this night was different. It didn't take Jairus very long to dig out his pail and chopsticks so that he could drum along with daddy. What beautiful music!

But a bit later Jairus was concerned that Mommy was being left out. He found the drumming book and another chopstick. With a precious "come on mommy," he convinced mommy to drum on the book so she could join the band too.

Maybe we will release a CD this summer... stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to that first CD, or maybe you'll do a special concert for me when I come to visit. How precious!
    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, what was your post about... I was distracted the entire time by Joe's Dr. Pepper pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I am laughing at the comment made about those pants, which I had not noticed UNTIL reading that post! ROFL! What I was wondering is, "how'd they take that group shot?" A timer? A groupie? Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wait!! Maybe it was the paparazzi! Yeah, THAT'S IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!!!! Let me know when the CD is released:)

    ReplyDelete