Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just for a smile

Jairus always finds the moon when we drive at night. One night last week I started singing “I see the moon and the moon sees me, the moon sees somebody I want to see. “ Joe added “God bless the moon and God bless me, God bless the somebody I want to see.” Jairus, impressed with our little ditty, asks us to sing it again. We oblige. He then asks us to sing it faster. Again, we oblige. Then he made us laugh out loud when he asked us to sing it crescendo! Ahh, the influence of the Little Einsteins. Needless to say, we obliged…twice!

Jairus had a great, accident free day at school on Tuesday, so we went to chick-fil-a to celebrate. Driving to dinner Jairus informed us, very matter of fact, that daddy’s name is Joe. Impressive. He then sharesd that mommy’s name is Lynelle. Yes, he said it pretty clear. He is figuring life out!

One more quick backtrack story, just so I don’t forget. Back in August Jairus and I started doing “Eskimo Kisses” again. It was a fun flash back to when he was a baby. Of course when we shared our game with Joe he called them nose kisses in Spanish. That prompted Jairus to begin doing hair kisses and chin kisses too. It was pretty cute. But the story gets better. I had shared this story with Luanne. When Jairus saw her at school he wasn’t hip on the idea of a high five. Instead, he gave her finger kisses. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's my boy, always thinking. He's amazing. Love him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi -- thanks for sharing such fun stories. Just makes me smile. It's amazing how his smart mind continues to work --wow! Neat!!
    Love, Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete