How did I make this fascinating discovery? It was easy -- I just have been listening to Jairus. And Jairus says "yep" a lot. I now find myself smiling every time I catch a "yep" slip past my lips -- which is pretty often. So, we have been trying to correct Jairus several times each day to say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir" when appropriate. He will get it...eventually!
Jairus is in the fun parrot stage. For a long time now he has been parroting what we say. And we have been noticing him imitating us in actions more and more. One of the best examples was when we were traveling to Wyoming for Christmas. The very first thing Jairus did when we got to our hotel room was start "talking" on the phone. There was a pen and notepad on the end table too. So, Jairus started taking notes as he talked. His whole conversation (and I am not kidding) was "yes, yes, um hm, sure...yes..umhm...yes." He has been watching his daddy during many, many work conversations. Joe must be a yes man. :)
It is good to be reminded that Jairus is always watching us. (yes, a bit overwhelming if you dwell on it too much...so lets not!). I hope he is also learning how to love and how to pray and how to serve and ....the list could go on and on. This actually gave me a better of understanding of when Paul tells the Corinthian church to imitate him (I Corinthians 4:16). It wasn't that he was being arrogant or self-righteous. He was following Jesus and so by imitating Paul, they were following Christ. It is my prayer that we can say to Jairus "imitate us" and in doing so Jairus will walk with Jesus. It makes sense at least at this age and stage and in my little brain. :)
Ok, ok...enough deep thoughts. I think I need to post a couple recent pictures. Yep, I sure do! :)

Nice fashion :) Don't worry -- he wears moms and dad's shoes equally!

Yes, the letter organization obsession continues.

For some reason, Ducky had breakfast with Jairus this morning. What a great place to perch.

Yep, I think you say Yep a lot :) Jairus is following great role models, keep up the good work :) Such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Yep, I can relate. :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's amazing how they pick up on your bad habits! Ours was yeah....
ReplyDeleteMy bad habit that Andrew has picked up Is "uh-huh." They are at such a fun stage. I'm loving it!
ReplyDelete