I have 8 sticky notes filled with ideas for the blog. For at least the last 6 months I have been adding to these notes. Maybe it is time to put these ideas into words and pictures; maybe I should actually blog. Not because people still read a blog that has been inactive for months, but because I want to remember these years from now. Maybe it is time.
Language. That has been the biggest change in Jairus these last several months. His language development is so fascinating. It is also so multifaceted --not only the vocabulary and usage, but his keen observation skills which he can then articulate and his memory and his ability for application.
Some of my notes/memories:
One of my favorites from months ago… One morning Joe and I were having a conversation in the computer room about Jairus’ recent problem of waking up during the night. We really had no understanding of what caused this problem or any good solution of how to solve it. I said to Joe, “He is just a mystery!” Right after that Jairus walked into the room, tugged on Joe’s hand, and said, “I mystery.”
Many times this spring and summer when Jairus would get very excited he would call either of us “momdy.”
Jairus is so much like his daddy -- social. When we leave restaurants or stores he will wave and say “bye everyone!”
This past winter we attended several middle and high school basketball games. Almost nightly Jairus would get his basketball, run up and down the hallway between the computer room and master bedroom, and yell, “Getting rebounds, Mommy!” Granted, he wasn’t dribbling or shooting…details!
When Jairus obviously had a stinky diaper, we would ask him if he was done and ready for a clean diaper. He would tell us, “I’m stilling right now.” We translated that into I am still pooping right now. :)
Every so often he will use a big word but not in the right context. I didn’t even know that Jairus knew the word “dictionary.” But one early morning Jairus was trying to tell me that daddy was in the shower. Instead, he said that Daddy was in the dictionary. I just had to laugh.
If Jairus is at home whenever one of us returns home, he likes to open the door leading out to the garage and at least wave hello. Several times this spring he would tell me “Mommy, you’re here!” Or one time he yelled when Joe got out of his truck, “Hi Daddy – it’s me Jairus!”
Enough for now. I don’t want to overwhelm my 2 blog readers with too much at once. After all 2 blogs in a weekend is a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you are blogging again :) and I love all the stories about Jairus. Precious! and smart too :) He's a keeper!!!
ReplyDeleteCute kid! Fun to see his language acquisition and how he learns to fit words together.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'm thankful that you're saving such precious stories about your awesome son -- FUN! THANKS! Love, Aunt Marie
ReplyDeleteTOOOOOO Cute! You are so smart to write them down, because it is too easy to forget the fun things when life gets too hectic and pressured. Thanks so much for sharing:)
ReplyDeleteAunt Helen
P.S. judging from the comments, there are at least 4 of us:)