Friday, February 12, 2010

Do that again

So, Jairus is a kid who likes repetition. If you know Jairus, you know that. Well, almost daily we end up playing some type of little verbal volley match. This morning it was kisses. As we snuggled waking up I gave him a kiss, he kissed me back, I fake kissed him and he returned it. Over and over we did this. The other night he wanted juice to drink, but it was kinda late, so I told him he could have water. He said “no juice.” I said, “no water.” “No juice” Jairus responded. “Water” “Juice” Waaattteerrr” “Juuuiiiccceee” If I whisper, he whispers. Whatever tone I use, he repeats. Jairus will do this game with me lots. It is cute and entertaining for a bit…but eventually, I tire of it. Jairus on the other hand, doesn’t. When I stop he sweetly entreats me “let’s do that again!” Oh my!

2 comments:

  1. He has your attention so wants to continue :) Smart boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is definitely smart - and sweet - and wonderful! And so are you!! Love, Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete