Recently I have been encouraging Jairus to shake off minor boo-boos. It is just a good skill for a kid to learn. So, if he falls and just kinda hits his knee, I say “Shake it off” and I help him shake. This of course causes him to laugh, which really helps get rid of any pain. The same applies for that stubbed toe, or hurt finger, etc. You get the idea.
Many times I add “bye bye owie!” But, when I do that Jairus doesn’t repeat me. He says “bye bye ant bite!” It doesn’t matter what the hurt is – he always says “bye bye ant bite.” I am serious. A hurt knee? Bye to ant bite. A hurt thumb? Bye to ant bite! Last fall he got a couple painful ant bites and I guess that made a BIG impression on him! He seems to think all boo-boo pain = ant bite!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, it could be something worse! Who knows how his little mind works but he obviously has a good memory.
ReplyDelete