Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our Ride to School Today

This morning's drive to school was pretty routine....at least for the first 20 minutes.  We had listened to the news and traffic reports.  Jairus was eating cheerios and chit-chatting with me.   I stopped at a red light where Marine Creek ends and you turn onto Marine Creek Cromwell (a T intersection).

Jairus said to me "It is a good thing you stopped at that light." 

I nodded in response to him and thought to myself “when do I not stop at a light?  Interesting thing for him to say.”  

Not 30 seconds later our light turns green.  I moved my foot to the gas peddle to make my left turn when a little white car flew through the intersection going west -- having just run a clearly red light!!  I hit the breaks.  It wasn't a close close call...but I did say "Holy Cow!"  

Jairus asked "Is that a good word or a bad word?" 

I said "Well I said it because I was so surprised.  That car just ran that light and could have hit us." 

Without hesitation Jairus said "God was protecting us."  

Yes...yes He was!  I spent the rest of the drive being thankful for all the times God protects us – the times we see it and the many times we have no clue.    I also was thankful for evidence that Jairus is learning the truth -- from home, school, and church.  

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible perspective for a 4 year old to have. Smart kiddo.

    ReplyDelete