The situation: a haircut!

I tried to prepare him for the event. We went to the fancy place that has cool firetruck chairs and plays Thomas the Train videos, but it really didn't help too much.
He wanted his daddy to rescue him!
Now at one point he actually calmed down for a minute or so. When the lady was using the clippers, Joe said it was a motorcycle on his head -- vroom. (side note: Jairus has an obsession with
motorcycles that started this summer on the trip with my parents. Now he has a 6th sense to find "cycles." He sees them everywhere -- the opposite side of the interstate, parked as we drive by, in the 3rd lane over, or in a 1 mile radius! And he always points them out with a cute little "gycle!") You could actually see his little brain processing this. How could a motorcycle be on his head...it sounded like one, but it didn't look like one. I wish I had a picture of that! After a short time, he figured out Daddy must be crazy and went back to fussing! Even when we were done, he let me know that he wasn't very happy about the whole ordeal. But a sucker seemed to make life better again! All is well in this world!



Oh sweet, precious Jairus. He is cute even when he is mad! I didn't know he was fascinated by cycles - must be a little boy thing. And the haircut is very nice, amazing work by the stylist. I agree that suckers make everything seem better.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
I completely understand that 10%
ReplyDeleteThat little lip. :-( Poor boy. Surprisingly, Taylor didn't fuss for his first hair cut - he sat completely still - but had tears streaming down his face.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! The pouty lip is awesome. Needless to say, the haircut looks great. Good job dad... I would have totally bought the motorcycle thing.
ReplyDeletetoo funny:) Thanks for sharing that 10% especially the lip!!!
ReplyDelete