Instead I am going to tell my favorite story from that day.
We had a Curious George themed party with just a few family friends. I kept it pretty low key so that Jairus wouldn't be overwhelmed. And he had a great time! When he woke up from his afternoon nap the house was filled with "George" items, which Jairus LOVED!


Jairus still didn't really get the art and purpose of unwrapping gifts. If the gift was in a gift bag, he did pretty good on his own. But honest-to-goodness wrapped gifts, he needed help. On one gift, his almost 3-years-old friend, Aubrie, helped him. While she was busy tearing off the "Happy Birthday" paper, Jairus grabbed a piece of the paper and started to "read" it. "H says Hah", etc. Ha! I bet he'll never be so interested in the paper again! :)

You have been a busy blogger. I, on the other hand, have not. Jairus is a cutie - mad or not. :-) And obviously a genius too. :-) Happy turkey day, silly jairus!
ReplyDelete