
One of my favorite books to read with Jairus is Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton. (Actually, we love all her books! If you have kids, look for her books!)
In the story, animals of all shapes, sizes and kinds are correctly wearing colorful hats, shoes, pants, etc, BUT the turkey can never seem to get it right. Poor Turkey has his pants on his head or jacket on his nose or something obviously wrong. Several weeks ago as Jairus and I read the story, I commented "silly turkey." Jairus caught on quickly pointing out on every page "silly urkey." Later that night when Jairus was getting ready for bed I commented that he was "silly Jairus." That started it. Ever since, "silly Jairus" has been part of our interactions. It didn't take Jairus but a few days to transfer the silliness to us -- silly mommy or silly daddy - even if we weren't doing anything silly. But we would exchange the silly accusations just because it was cute, fun, and well....silly. :)
And the whole silliness has continued to grow. When Grandma Bane was here for his birthday, she was pulled into the game with a "silly ganma" once or twice. But this last week has been a hoot! Now our friends are silly -- even baby Holt. We also have "silly George" (Curious that is), "silly People" (in the Little variety), "silly triangle" (mom's clothes hanger), etc. You get the idea.
This week he also developed an adaptation -- which I could save for another blog....but I am on a roll! When
I am in the living room trying to do school work, Jairus likes to sit with me or more like on me. He wants my attention. Sometimes I will cradle him, hug him real tight, kiss him, and say "baby Jairus." He usually responds with laughter and a repeated "baby Jairus." But this week he totally cracked me up. During our little interaction Jairus' response was "baby mommy."
I am in the living room trying to do school work, Jairus likes to sit with me or more like on me. He wants my attention. Sometimes I will cradle him, hug him real tight, kiss him, and say "baby Jairus." He usually responds with laughter and a repeated "baby Jairus." But this week he totally cracked me up. During our little interaction Jairus' response was "baby mommy." Ha! Silly Jairus!!!!

I love all of her books! I found them early on with Connor and have just about all of hers. The Blue Hat, Green Hat is actually the first book that Connor "read." He can't read yet, but he has that one memorized and loves to read it still!
ReplyDeleteWe love Blue Hat, Green Hat! Emma likes to say the "oops"...she cracks up laughing each time. In fact, last week, she and Daniel were reading it, and Emma started to "read" it herself---Red pants, blue pants, yellow pants..oops! I think this must be a favorite book for most 2-year olds!
ReplyDeleteLove it! That's one for the memory book!
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say? What a smart little boy! And cute too :)
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Silly Lynelle! That is such a great story! I enjoy hearing all of the cute things Jarius does. Tell that Silly Jarius Aunt Catherine misses him and loves him!!
ReplyDeleteThat's precious! I love her books too!We like Pajama Time at our house!! I still call Paige "Baby Paige". She just smiles when I say it.
ReplyDelete