
This past weekend Joe and I made a mad dash to Ohio for a friend's wedding. With another couple, we drove the 16+ hours straight both coming and going. That is one reason we decided not to take Jairus with us on the journey. Instead, he got 3 fun-filled days with Mamaw and Papaw Wolfe. This is the longest he has even been away from both of us. Whenever one of us has traveled, the other parental unit has been at home. Now we know he had a great time and got along just fine without us, but you would never guess that by the reaction we got Sunday afternoon when he saw us. To let us know that he was mad at us for leaving him, Jairus gave us the silent treatment. He wanted us to hold him but he was not going to talk to us or smile or anything! Thankfully that trend ended when he woke up from his nap at home! He has a been a bit clingy, but at least he is talking again!
The wedding was beautiful and well worth the hours upon hours spent in the car. This young couple is such a testimony to the blessings of waiting on God's perfect timing. They both felt called to work in the Congo through Wycliffe Bible Translators. Individually they were pursuing that calling when God brought them together. Their God story is really cool and this is just the beginning. We look forward to seeing the rest of their destiny unfold. 
Of course, attending a wedding always makes me retrospective and introspective. I love thinking back to our wedding day because it was so special. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. What a special memory! But weddings also cause me to think about my marriage. Am I living up to the covenant I signed? Is our marriage better than the special ceremony 6 years ago? The wedding is just one day, but marriage is day after day after day. But I walked away thankful -- thankful to God for His blessing and watch care over our marriage, for giving me a wonderful husband, and for His grace to walk out married life.

Well, I am laughing at the whole "silent treatment". That's awesome...well, kinda not...but you know what I mean. Thanks for texting the pic from the wedding...I was going to text back but I didn't think you texted? Anyways, I was with daniel and shared the picture immediately!
ReplyDeleteI am just cracking up at that picture of the boy! What a face!! LOL! Paige would be more than thrilled to have Nann and Pawpoo all to herself for WEEKS on end. When I take her over to their house for sleep overs, she's ready for ME to leave upon arrival. I'm so NOT feeling the love.
ReplyDelete