teams. And in March of 2009, Joe and I will lead one of these teams to Lima. We are taking 15 9th - 12th grade kids to a place that is so very close to our hearts. I have wanted to take an LCCS team for 6 years, so it is neat to see this come to fruition. 
All the details are still being worked out. So that can wait for another blog. But, I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I am excited to go back to Peru. I am excited to work with these kids while God works through them. He is so good at multitasking -- in one experience He grow us and allow us to be useful to the kingdom. Being exposed to Peru will help shape these student's worldview and future. Plus, I just love my kids at school! 14 of the 15 I have taught.
Sharing this experience with them will be pretty special. I am also nervous. We have never led a mission team before. Yes, I know Lima, but it is different when15 others answer to you and depend on you. And the responsibility of taking kids out of the country in and of itself is pretty heavy. But I figure that God has been using the massive trips to DC/NYC to prepare me. If I can help take a group of 100 back east for a
week, then 15 kids in South America is doable. Plus, I know that I don't do it anyway. It is all about what God can do. And I believe He can do a lot!
Sharing this experience with them will be pretty special. I am also nervous. We have never led a mission team before. Yes, I know Lima, but it is different when15 others answer to you and depend on you. And the responsibility of taking kids out of the country in and of itself is pretty heavy. But I figure that God has been using the massive trips to DC/NYC to prepare me. If I can help take a group of 100 back east for a
week, then 15 kids in South America is doable. Plus, I know that I don't do it anyway. It is all about what God can do. And I believe He can do a lot!So, if for some strange reason Peru comes to your mind in the next few months, pray for us!

I know this is exciting for you and I know the Lord can use you and your leadership and experience to help the students have a wonderful, worthwhile experience. Thanks for being willing to be used by Him. You are special!
ReplyDeleteYour my mom...you have to say that :)
ReplyDeleteThat is such exciting news! I'm thrilled that y'all get the chance to go back there to do His work! You'll be great with the kids . . .it's in your heart and soul. God goes before us after all! And I'm NOT your momma and I don't have to say any of that! ROFL!
ReplyDelete